Menu

Thanks to this forum, I just got a box from Trader Joes.

KatieJ

Well, actually it 's from a friend who lives near a TJ, and I don't. I asked her if she had ever had the TJ Joe Joes. I might even have suggested she send me some. But she sent a whole case of stuff! I don't even know where to start. My DH is going to be thrilled on the one hand, and totally counting calories on the other. Oh my. We may have to share this box.

Personally I hate oreos and I hate mint so I have no desire to eat them but the rest of my family adores both of those things so I wanted to surprise them after hearing about them here. I have been trying for at least 3 years to get them. Trader Joe's isn't somewhere I shop normally so I go once every few months to stock up ohn the few things I use from there. When I go right after Thanksgiving they tell me they aren't in stock yet when I go 2 weeks later they tell me they are sold out for the year. I finally scored 2 boxes on Saturday. I will wrap them up for my family for Christmas. I sure hope they are are good as advertised because they have been a royal pain to obtain. It's amazing your friends was able to obtain so many. Around here they are like a rare antique.

Whole Foods had a peppermint Oreo-type of cookie for two days around Thanksgiving (then sold out). I daresay they're even better than Joe Joes. We're having an official family blind taste test this weekend, so I'll report back on our not-terribly-scientific findings.

Regular Jo-Jos are superior to Whole Foods' oreo-like cookie. I saw some peppermint ones at WF here and thought they can't be as good.

That being said, the box to look for is the one with the fancy dipped and filled Joe-Jos: Peppermint, Double Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and White Chocolate Gingerbread. Those are special. (it's kind of orange colored in a hexagon prism shape. In our freezer aisle.)

Personally I hate oreos and I hate mint so I have no desire to eat them but the rest of my family adores both of those things so I wanted to surprise them after hearing about them here. I have been trying for at least 3 years to get them. Trader Joe's isn't somewhere I shop normally so I go once every few months to stock up ohn the few things I use from there. When I go right after Thanksgiving they tell me they aren't in stock yet when I go 2 weeks later they tell me they are sold out for the year. I finally scored 2 boxes on Saturday. I will wrap them up for my family for Christmas. I sure hope they are are good as advertised because they have been a royal pain to obtain. It's amazing your friends was able to obtain so many. Around here they are like a rare antique.

I was misleading..the box is full of different kinds of TJ cookies..I will have to get the box and make a list. I have no clue what to try to first!

Whole Foods had a peppermint Oreo-type of cookie for two days around Thanksgiving (then sold out). I daresay they're even better than Joe Joes. We're having an official family blind taste test this weekend, so I'll report back on our not-terribly-scientific findings.

I am thinking we should have a blind test of the different choices. I certainly need to know what to order next year!

Regular Jo-Jos are superior to Whole Foods' oreo-like cookie. I saw some peppermint ones at WF here and thought they can't be as good.

That being said, the box to look for is the one with the fancy dipped and filled Joe-Jos: Peppermint, Double Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and White Chocolate Gingerbread. Those are special. (it's kind of orange colored in a hexagon prism shape. In our freezer aisle.)

Umm..I might have those. I know there was something Gingerbread in there. I can't believe it's been in my house since this afternoon and I haven't busted them out yet!

I have that one! I am thinking this is the box we open first.