Menu

PH Science Explorer Student Express CDs.....

I have the whole collection of 13 cds (purchased years ago) and dd8 started Astronomy today and really enjoyed it -- largely because it's on the computer with audio/video features. The content seems very accessible. We are starting with the Earth series. We'll take it slow.

Does anyone else do these instead of the PH SE text? Did you print the worksheets?

What lab kit works well with this series?

Thanks in advance!

I will use these along w/ MPH 3/4.

I have the whole collection of 13 cds (purchased years ago) and dd8 started Astronomy today and really enjoyed it -- largely because it's on the computer with audio/video features. The content seems very accessible. We are starting with the Earth series. We'll take it slow.

Does anyone else do these instead of the PH SE text? Did you print the worksheets?

What lab kit works well with this series?

Thanks in advance!

I will use these along w/ MPH 3/4.

Sorry - just saw this thread.

Ds used the Science Explorer books for all of Middle School. Ds has done the Earth Science and is currently working on the Life Science books. I have the TeacherExpress and use it for the TE and to print workbooks and tests.

We never got the Student Express CD's and now I am wondering if they would help dd (who is dyslexic). Do they give you a lot of visual and audio help to cement the concepts? I usually just add in Discovery Streaming videos when needed.

Sorry - just saw this thread.

Ds used the Science Explorer books for all of Middle School. Ds has done the Earth Science and is currently working on the Life Science books. I have the TeacherExpress and use it for the TE and to print workbooks and tests.

We never got the Student Express CD's and now I am wondering if they would help dd (who is dyslexic). Do they give you a lot of visual and audio help to cement the concepts? I usually just add in Discovery Streaming videos when needed.

Meant to say that DD is currently using Science Explorer - I only have one ds.:D