Menu

Intro to Psychology

My dd did psychology last year. We used Holt's Psychology Principles in Practice. It is designed for the high school psych. I found it at the used book store, with both the teacher and student books for $8.00, which is why I chose to use this one.;) I liked it, but I'm sure there are others out there, too. One a lot of people use for AP Psych is written by David Myers. I have that one, too, also a find at the used bookstore. But since she was only a freshman at the time, I used the Holt one. I haven't used the homeschool psych book but it looks good, and I have heard good things about it, too.

Veronica

My freshman dd (last year) did AP Psych with the Myers book. It's a college-level text but it was very solid and not at all outside her reading/comprehension level.

We also used Meyers. Intro to Psych isn't terribly difficult to understand and if the interest level is high, you may as well go for the meatier text.

Barb