Menu

side dish to go with italian beef sandwiches?

sauteed veal brains? (Sorry, Emmy - lol - watching Iron Chef and they said it as soon as I read your question LOL :D Gotta love me!)

very helpful! :tongue_smilie:

I think I'm struggling cause my first inclination was potatoes of some sort (roasted or potato salad or whatever) and my dh was all - really? Won't that be too much starch with the buns for the sandwiches? And I thought hmmmm is there such a thing as too much starch? :tongue_smilie: So wondering what others do. And btw - we are having friends over for this meal which is why the thought process. Were is just my family I'd not put so much thought to it LOL.

There are stories of a bad crop in Europe,and they're hugely labor intensive to harvest. A lot of what we're getting here now is from China (that are cheap) and much inferior and can cause some problems in some folks. Supposedly, this coming year's crop is supposed to be good, so prices may come down.

I had a ton in the freezer that I finally used up, went to get some, and was gobsmacked at the price.

Sorry to hijack, Emmy.