Menu

Historical Fiction/Biographies: What are your opinions on these books?

chai

I trying to decide whether to buy these books since they are not available in our library system. In your opinion, are they worth buying or should I save my money?

God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah (Living History Library) - Joanne Williamson

Victory on the Walls: A Story of Nehemiah (Living History Library) - Frieda C. Hyman

Hittite Warrior (Living History Library) - Joanne Williamson

Courage and Conviction: Chronicles of the Reformation Church (History Lives series) - Brandon and Mindy Withrow

Peril and Peace: Chronicles of the Ancient Church (History Lives series) - Mindy Withrow

Monks and Mystics: Chronicles of the Medieval Church (History Lives series) - Mindy Withrow

1. God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah (Living History Library) - Joanne Williamson

2. Hittite Warrior (Living History Library) - Joanne Williamson

3. Victory on the Walls: A Story of Nehemiah (Living History Library) - Frieda C. Hyman

We've read these 3 from your list. I have 8th/9th grade boys and they liked #1 and #2. Number 3 did not have very well drawn characters, and seemed fairly predictable (though it was certainly not poorly written). Just my opinion: you could get either God King OR Hittite Warrior and you'd be good on ancient Israel historical ficiton.

Warm regards, Lori D.