Menu

Hoo-Boy...Ds still hasn't heard from Radford

Chris in VA

Radford says they notify by April 1st. Ds put in his app the last possible day, has everything in, and is waiting...waiting is so hard!

He only applied there.

So, I don't even know what the plan would be if he doesn't get in. He says he could work for a year, and I think he could take some CC classes during that year, but my fear (yep, it's a fear) is that he would be so defeated during that time. He's had a taste of "normal" this year at school, and is doing so well. He sees what he's missed and wants to go to college and start on his career path like so many of his friends.

He is still in recovery (well, will be the rest of his life, as that is how it goes) and I have to let go of worrying about relapse. He is 18, and I don't know if he would move out or not. I just have mixed feelings about that. I'd be ok with him living here--but he will chafe at it and that's not good for our relationship.

Anyway, those who pray, I'd love some prayers, and those with advice, is there any way to maybe call the University and ask about the status of his app or something?

My "life verse" is Be Anxious for Nothing. I know in my heart it will all work out one way or another.

But I'm anxious. :D

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

I remember how nerve racking the waiting game was for Taz, and how he felt sick to his stomach with each passing day due to nerves.

I would not call, but have your son call on Monday. Does the school notify via letter or email? Some schools send an email, and the acceptance letter arrives the same day or within a few days afterwords.

And, the hardest part of parenting is letting go. Although we may wish to jump in and save our young adult children, we must step back and allow them to make decisions and choices of their own accord--some bad, but most good. I know it pains you to think of the what ifs, but your son sounds as if he's matured a great deal over the past 6 months. Just support all you can, and don't let your ds become discouraged. If the school fails to accept him, that is their loss & has nothing to do with your child's character or ability. Tell him to press on because as the old cliché states, "When one door closes, another door opens." I don't know what state you reside in, but many schools have back door entrance programs.

For example, a daughter of a close friend was wait listed at Northwestern, but gained entrance by taking classes as a student at large, applied again, and was accepted.