Menu

How to study? (crosspost)

mo2

We are happily doing a lot of what was suggested in Well Trained Mind. I read it last summer and the suggestions in it are really making a difference with schooling 10th grade dd this year. I took things mostly from the logic stage and a little from the rhetoric stage. We also watched a few of Superstar Student videos from Teaching Co. last summer, they have also helped.

Going Back to School by Bruno has a good, short explanation of how to study. It has lots of other good information on how to get into and survive college, too. As homeschoolers, we aren't necessarily going back to school after an absense, but the advice for non-traditional students applies to us better than many books of advice for traditional students. I found this book helpful because it told me what to tell my sons when they began college. The book is fast and easy read, nice if you are busy (the whole book is a small paperback only 1/4 inch thick). It would be easy to read just the chapter on how to study. Perhaps your library has it?

-Nan