Menu

Are there written plans for Rosetta Stone Spanish?

Is there such a thing as a year worth of Rosetta Stone lesson plans? For instance....Day One: Work on DVD for lesson 1 for 20 min., Do worksheet #___, Read lesson book page #___?

I am looking for something that I can transfer to a teacher planner.

Yes, in the parent guide there is a lesson plan but oddly enough, it runs for 45 weeks. Too much for one school year, but not an entire calendar year.

The weird thing is this: When ds used RS, if he used the lesson plans as they stood, the program wouldn't give him credit for completed units. They have built in review (much more than is written into the lesson plans) and even though he did what the lesson plan asked, he still had to go back and do review work to satisfy the RS grading software.

We ended up using a hybrid system: He spent an allotted time on RS doing what the computer asked him to do but followed the lesson plans to tell him when to do the worksheets. It was frustrating that the software didn't have any prompts to remind him when a worksheet was scheduled!

We had a love/hate relationship with RS last year!

I have version 2 and in the teacher book I only see a sample of a lesson plan for one week. I was hoping to find something for the whole year. I did just find a Edu- Track Plan you can by for $1.99 You can see a sample and it looks good, but not sure if you need the Edu Track program to run it? Need to look at it more when I have time! Here is the site:

http://www.contechsolutions.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=518

I'd probably ask which version the lesson plans were written for. I have version three and from the sample I saw, it wouldn't work with mine. Mine doesn't have that many worksheets so based on that alone, I don't think it's for my version (which is good for you!)

It also doesn't look like there is any built in review. Does the version 2 have the student go back and review previous lessons like version 3 does? But then again- that's not scheduled in my RS lesson plans but if he didn't go back and review them, it wouldn't mark sections completed.

It was weird...he'd complete a section and earn a great score and the tracking page would list it as complete. Then in a few days, we'd notice that it was listed as 'in progress' instead of complete. When I called and asked about that, they told me he had to keep reviewing it until the software was satisfied he'd learned it even though he earned a very high score on his first try. That's when he started hating it...why do well on the first try if they make you keep reviewing it anyway?

I hope these plans fit your version- for that price, it's a bargain!