Menu

I am so concerned...

I don't know why but the transition into highschool is scaring me. Once we decided to HS, I was very confident. So far this summer I have second guessed myself so many times I have lost count. I am so scared that he won't make it into the military academy or college if he wants. I have looked at all the requirements and I think I am meeting all their requirements but I am still worried. Is this normal? :confused:

Could someone look at my proposed year and tell me if this is enough?

9th grade

Algebra I chalkdust

Wold Geography (an updated version of my college text by H.J. De Bill and Muller)

Apologia Biology

Abeka English Lit (supplemented with a Shakespeare class from our co-op)

German (OK state)

Swim team (5-7x a week)

Marching Band with local PS

Speech class/team (co-op)

Worldview class

Thanks!

I don't know why but the transition into highschool is scaring me. Once we decided to HS, I was very confident. So far this summer I have second guessed myself so many times I have lost count. I am so scared that he won't make it into the military academy or college if he wants. I have looked at all the requirements and I think I am meeting all their requirements but I am still worried. Is this normal? :confused:

Could someone look at my proposed year and tell me if this is enough?

9th grade

Algebra I chalkdust

Wold Geography (an updated version of my college text by H.J. De Bill and Muller)

Apologia Biology

Abeka English Lit (supplemented with a Shakespeare class from our co-op)

German (OK state)

Swim team (5-7x a week)

Marching Band with local PS

Speech class/team (co-op)

Worldview class

Thanks!

I totally relate to the second guessing about homeschooling. We are just starting homeschooling our twins (9th graders this year). The hard part for me is the path that is best for them. I just don't know... do we wing it at home, do we use co-op, do we use CC, do we do online courses, etc.... Money is a limiting factor here too and that is part of it.

Anyway I worry about many things but one thing I know is that we are doing what is best for them. So I know it will work out. We will have some bumps along the way- but then again they are teenagers so it is to be expected-LOL.

Your plan looks pretty good to me. Your covering the basics... English, math, science, social studies, foreign langauge. IMO, can't go wrong as long as those are covered.

Your schedule is fine! It may help your nerves if you look at what you have to have done (4yr English, etc.) & work back. Not everyone has a gazillion credits, but you need to cover the essentials. You're balanced since your ds has arts (band), PE (swim), & strong academics.

I think your schedule looks great! Try to take one year at a time and not let it overwhelm you. I really do know how you feel. I've graduated one of my children and now my second is in 12th grade. My first was accepted into all 4 colleges that she applied for and is getting ready to start her 3rd year in college studying occupational therapy. She's doing very well. My son is still trying to decide what to do after graduation and may go to community college for a year while he decides. I'm not bragging that my kids are perfect or exceptional, I just want you to be encouraged that homeschooling high school can be done. My suggestion would be to keep excellent records all through highschool.