Menu

WWE text and/or WWE Workbook for Narration newbie??

Narration is brand new around here. I haven't done it, haven't heard it done, don't know what to require of my 1st grader. So I don't want to invent it for myself. So I think I need the WWE workbook, yes? And do I also use the WWE text with that, or is the text more for starting a teacher who will be assigning her own narration selections?

I can't tell from the product samples if I'd need both together, or if the workbook is sufficient. Can someone set me straight on this, please?

Thanks!

For a couple years I intended to do narrations and copy work with my oldest more consistently and it just seemed to get pushed aside when we would get busy. I used the workbook 2 this year with my ds2nd grade (the oldest always winds up being the guinea pig and the others benefit:tongue_smilie:) and we consistently use it each week, it doesn't take much time, and I love that the prep has already been done. I plan on continuing her on to wkbk3 and I just purchased wkbk1 for my ds 1st grader. You don't need the book if you use the workbook and I have found the best price at Amazon.

I hope that helps. :)

You don't need both. I did buy both because I thought it was necessary, but it's not. Just get the workbook - it was written as a help for those of us who don't want to pull everything together, but everything that you need to know from the book will be in the workbook.

Thank you! The workbook it is, then. And I'll look for a chance to read the text too.

Is the workbook easy to write in? Does it lay flat? I'm thinking about using the workbook as a TM and having him (and later all the siblings) work from the student notebook pages. Those are loose leaf, yes?