Menu

X-POST: BJU and Write Shop?

My dd, my ds and I are poor writers, so I am wanting to focus on writing next year. I feel bad I've let this go this long, and need help working on a good fit for them.

My ds15 is doing BJU English (not his strong point, so he'll be doing 8th grade level). I just ordered Write Shop. Would that be too much writing?

DD just turned 12 and will be in 7th grade next year. I just ordered Language Lessons for the Elementary Child 2 for her for next year. I haven't tried anything like that. She's been doing R&S, one level behind her actual grade level, and sort of struggled with it this year. Is she at a point to do Write Shop, or would something like "Jump In" be better?

I am willing to listen to other possibilities as well, though I need programs that hold the teacher's hand as well as the students hands!

Thankyou very much for any help you may be able to give me!

My kids are both good writers, but my dd tends to be a bit wordy. WriteShop has been wonderful for her. I can also see how it would work well for a reluctant writer.

I would probably skip the writing in BJU and just use WS.

I would do WS with your dd too. Use the 2 year schedule and go through it together with them.