Menu

Scheduling help!!!

I'm heading to a curriculum fair tomorrow to buy things for next year. Working on my list it hit me that I'll have a 4th grader, a 1st grader and a Pre-Ker. Help!

How do I get schoolwork done with all three of them?

Look at the Workbox System. I started using it with my 5 and 3yo about 3 weeks ago. It is keeping my 3yo very happy and busy. I can put things like play dough, puzzles, pattern blocks and each component of LHTH in his box along with his About 3 workbooks. It lets my pre-ker have work to do and lets me foster some Independence in my k'er.

There is also a yahoo workbox group.

I'm heading to a curriculum fair tomorrow to buy things for next year. Working on my list it hit me that I'll have a 4th grader, a 1st grader and a Pre-Ker. Help!

How do I get schoolwork done with all three of them?

I remember those days. :D Sometimes we did school on the floor. There was a whole year wherein the youngest dd would cry every time any of us sat down at the table without her. :001_huh: If we then included her, it didn't improve. So we sat on the floor for all but handwriting that year.

To your question: First, I'd give up thinking of your number three child as a "student", per se, unless that child is already reading or something like that. For that age, it was terrific to have a nice big pre-K "work" book from say, Costco (no kidding), plus some coloring books or pages printed from online (shapes, numbers, letters), crayons or prismacolors and certain favorite books in a basket that belonged to that child. Then, when doing school with the bigs, the little(s) have their very own materials -- at the very least, it buys you some time with a distraction. ;)

I've also been known to time certain subjects to coincide with one good PBS show for a preK kiddo, naptimes on some days, snacks for the littles on the floor while the bigs are at the table working...

It will be fiiiiiiine. :grouphug:

First, I'd give up thinking of your number three child as a "student", per se, unless that child is already reading or something like that.

Normally, I wouldn't do much with a four year old, but he's been asking for schoolwork every day this year and me printing out worksheets for him isn't cutting it anymore. So I'm going to pick up some CLE workbooks for him at the curriculum fair.