Menu

Tell Me More, Spanish

Hi,

Has anyone used the Tell Me More series for Spanish? We're looking into it for use in a co-op situation. We're considering Rosetta Stone (love the program), but they have nothing at all to use in classroom settings. We'd have to create the group work from scratch. If you've used Tell Me More, even just at home, could you tell me what you think?

Thanks,

Maureen in NJ

:confused:

I have to see the set up of the program, but I'd have the kids work on certain lessons all week at home and then from the material they've covered, do some clarifying and practice exercises/games in class. As good as all the programs are, there is no substitute for actually speaking a foreign language to another human. Even the occasional class meeting is useful for that. Also, it is a support for moms who don't speak/know the language at all.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know, by any chance, how the 2009 program may differ from previous years? Our group has the opportunity to buy the 2008 version (I think) at a huge discount, but I don't know if it's missing important components or what. Any insight would be helpful.

Maureen

I have to see the set up of the program, but I'd have the kids work on certain lessons all week at home and then from the material they've covered, do some clarifying and practice exercises/games in class. As good as all the programs are, there is no substitute for actually speaking a foreign language to another human. Even the occasional class meeting is useful for that. Also, it is a support for moms who don't speak/know the language at all.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know, by any chance, how the 2009 program may differ from previous years? Our group has the opportunity to buy the 2008 version (I think) at a huge discount, but I don't know if it's missing important components or what. Any insight would be helpful.

Maureen