Menu

Explode The Code online users...does it replace the workbooks?

The ETC online are the actual books with color and auditory enhancement. They are the same lesson by lesson except that if you wanted/needed to use the 1/2 books as that is not included in the on-line program. We used the workbooks for ETC 1-3 and I decided to switch to the online version. It does seem to take some getting used to as the child has to type answers and if they are wrong, well, they have to do it over. You can override the system and place them in any level you prefer rather than starting from the beginning. I have not decided just yet whether the online option is a bust or a positive. I do prefer keeping page by page tabs on my son's reading progress since this is a weakness for him but I'm trying to allow him to work on his own to achieve success.

Heidi

We found the typing required for the on-line version became a problem for both my dd9 and my ds 7. They could not type fast enough. They knew the answers but their response times were poor. This became very frustrating for them.

If I would sit and type the answers for them during the required typing activities they would do just fine. I do not have time for this. We went back to the workbooks.

My dc did have fun with the rest of the online program though.

I started my 9 yo on it in January, but we have been on a long haitus because the book 2 expected her to know the /ir/ sound in the word shirt, and she had not learned vowel digraphs. So, I don't know if we will go back to it or not. I was using it as a reinforcement for the work we were doing in AAS.

It does go through all 8 books though.

Jennie