Menu

Places to stay near Knoxville, Cades Cove TN...

C'mon, my WTMtourist agents, thou reliable source of info - for those of you who have been there/live nearby, I need ideas of both places to stay and things to do with four TEENAGERS in/near Knoxville, and where would you stay if you wanted to spend a day or two poking around the Smokies/CadesCove in late July???

Ya'all have already found me a place to stay near Sewanee and things to do/places to eat in Chattanooga*. So I am, greedily, back for more info. ;)

* I am sooo glad I figured out how to use spellcheck as I never get this correct the first time!!!

Unless you are going to be going to Knoxville and poking around too, I wouldn't recommend staying in Knoxville. Stay in the smokies...in one of the awesome cabin rentals there. My dh and I got married there and stayed in a cute little cabin called the "Blue Heaven," We have stayed in others as well that were WAYYY up in the mountains. I bet with 6 people, you will actually come out cheaper getting a cabin than getting a hotel.

Cabin Fever Vacations

www.cabinfevervacations.com

2536 McGill St

Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

large_cabinfever-blueheaven-005.jpg

Most of them have hot tubs on the back porches overlooking the mountains too. :)

And there are lots of things to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Pigeon Forge is less crowded (not as jammed together) as Gatlinburg, but both offer a "strip" type walk with things to do here and there...mini golf, helicopter rides, zip line tours, neat shops...like the Chirstmas Shop where it is Christmas all year. Then, in Gatlinburg, there are all sorts of neat shops (just really jammed together and no real parking), skiing, just so much to do!

Edited by Tree House Academy