Menu

Bluedorn's "Logic in 100 Minutes" DVD

April in WA

Can anyone give me a review of this dvd? I've looked on Amazon and they get mixed reviews.

My oldest will be going into 8th grade next year. We have done various logic puzzle books, have completed Critical Thinking Press' Building Thinking Skills bk 2 and are working through both levels of bk 3 this year. He has a hard time with a lot of this material. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think he's ready for something like Introductory Logic.

Would this be a good introduction next year and then follow up with Fallacy Detective and The THinking Toolbox? I do not feel adequate in this area at all. Fortunately my husband is bent that way, but does not have time to teach the class for me. Opinions?

Blessings,

April in WA

I own it, and I've never made it through it.

It's a tape of a talk they gave at a homeschool conference. The quality is very poor. Because of copyright issues, they couldn't show any of the slides that they used at the conference on the DVD (they used a lot of comic strips), which makes it hard to follow. The Bluedorns didn't really come across as polished speakers, either.

I own both their books, like them, and plan to use them, but you can skip the video.