Menu

HWT schedule

MommyJo

Okay, I have one child in PreK and one in K HWT. We are using the teacher's manual, student books, roll a dough, stamp & see, cds, capital letter wood pieces, slates, and basically everything that's included plus the Mat Man. My oldest that's in K HWT has sensory integration/processing disorder and that's one of the reasons I have gotten ALL the sensory and hands-on materials. However, I would like both of them to do the hands-on activities and their workbooks. Is there a way to combine the activities they do while still maintaining what they are learning in their workbooks? Or will the programs not overlap or be able to be combined? Also, what could we use for a weekly schedule? Do you all follow a sample plan of action or just improvise? I understand that it says that you work at your own pace but I would like to have some outline on what we would like to do when and stuff. I've looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any schedules of any sort, not even an outline. This is my first year homeschooling so I like to have a plan of action just so that I know we are making progress. I'm sure once I get this thing down pat, I will be able to do it all on my own but right now am finding I need a little extra bump in the rump to get me headed in the right direction. :D Thanks!

I had to ask this same question on the Sonlight forums. :)

Check the back of the teacher's manual (in Pre-K, anyway). There is a gentle daily schedule. It is *so* gentle, in fact, that sometimes the entire activity for a given day is just to listen to one of the songs on the CD. As a result, I often combine two days of the schedule into one.

I actually like the schedule, because the people who put the program together obviously have a specific sequence in mind. I know one could do it on their own, but it's been helpful for me. The schedule also forces me (gently) to try activities or approaches that I probably would have ignored if left to my own devices.

By the way . . . check the HWT website. The schedules are also printed there. I think they are under "Parent Helps" or "Teacher Helps".

HTH.

Thank you so much! I will probably have to combine some days as well. Since we bought ALL of the HWT extra resources they are very excited over using them and want to do HWT frequently. We haven't started yet but I allow them to play with the stuff for now and they love it.