Menu

Start the week strong...Persevere by Wednesday...Hit the wall by Thursday....Cure for

Homeschoolers weekly fatigue? :rolleyes:

Do you arrange your weeks in a certain way to avoid this?

I pack my Monday and Tuesday pretty full with scholastics because I know I'm going to be pooped by Thursday and I'll have to put in an errand day somewhere.

Do others feel the thurs/fri energy gap? Have you rearranged the schedule to adapt for this?

Keep in mind I'm those "3 ring circus days" of three school aged, 1 preschooler, and 2 littles to entertain! The exhaustion sneaks up on me.

Jo

Fridays are lighter. They are also the one day of the week that I allow computer time - though that has been mis-used lately so that might change. . .

Wed. are also lighter because we go to an assisted living home every Wed. night for a Bible study. It is a 6 hour commitment for us (it is an hour away and we have to set up etc.) and so we break off school early and get ready for our long evening.

Homeschoolers weekly fatigue? :rolleyes:

Do you arrange your weeks in a certain way to avoid this?

I pack my Monday and Tuesday pretty full with scholastics because I know I'm going to be pooped by Thursday and I'll have to put in an errand day somewhere.

Do others feel the thurs/fri energy gap? Have you rearranged the schedule to adapt for this?

Keep in mind I'm those "3 ring circus days" of three school aged, 1 preschooler, and 2 littles to entertain! The exhaustion sneaks up on me.

Jo

But we do a 4-day week. I pace myself, and the kids. We don't have a "schedule", but work better within a "routine" for frame of reference. That seems to keep us on an even keel during the week. Do you think packing your Mon/Tues may be contributing to your mid-week fatigue?

Which four days we school alternates b/c of DH's work schedule so that the kids are off while he's off. So one week is payday week and he works that Friday. On that week, we school M-W, errand day/groceries and outings on Thursday, and school on Fri. The following week he's off on Friday, so we school M-Th those weeks.

It took me a little while to accomplish that routine, and I know it looks horribly convoluted, but I've got to do groceries ON payday or I'll spend it all on bills and we get cranky when we don't have food. ;) But it is nice to have that grocery day break up the long week.

I've also only got 2 school-aged, one preschooler, one toddler, and one on the way. So I doubt my days are quite as hectic as yours. Though they may get there shortly! LOL!

Dy