Menu

Does anyone do online tutoring?

I am interested in possibly online tutoring this to add a little income to our family and was wondering if there is anyone who does this who could give me some info, advice, ideas, pointers, etc. Do you go through an established company or do you do it independently? If a company, which one? If indenpendently, how did you get established and find clients? How much time per week do you spend? I'm full of questions and would really love any info you could give me. I currently have a M.S. degree (Bio) but no teaching degree. My only teaching experience (besides my own kiddos) was in grad school as a T.A. I realize that since I'm not experienced in this, I'd probably need to have low expectations to start with. That isn't a problem though because I want to do this very part-time (probably only 1 or 2 students) and am only looking to make enough to pay for our homeschool materials.

Thanks!

I tutor through an online company that provides services to schools and individuals, as well as live homework help through public libraries. The pay is not wonderful, but the job requires no prep time, has flexible hours, and it is something I can do with my kids right in the room with me when necessary. I mostly see it as a way to keep something on my resume in case I ever go back to teaching ps.... although that seems pretty unlikely. Feel free to PM me if you would like more details.

I tutor through an online company that provides services to schools and individuals, as well as live homework help through public libraries. The pay is not wonderful, but the job requires no prep time, has flexible hours, and it is something I can do with my kids right in the room with me when necessary. I mostly see it as a way to keep something on my resume in case I ever go back to teaching ps.... although that seems pretty unlikely. Feel free to PM me if you would like more details.

Thanks Jen! I just sent you a pm.