Menu

Need tips- giving a long presentation while fighting a cold

I usually don't medicate a cold during the day, but sometimes do to help with sleep at night. The old fashioned red Sudafed's are life savers. I find that the new type of decongestant simply doesn't work. But the Sudafeds (the pharmacist has to check them out to you) are wonderful, and they just treat that one symptom - congestion.

Good luck to him!

Does the Advil cold and sinus make you drowsy? It can't have any sort of sleepiness side effect. He has to be sharp about his wits for the evening.

After the presentation, when we get home, he can take the "good stuff." ;)

Jo

Which cough drop is best? Is it still Ricola, or Halls?

Edit: I can't type *Ricola* without thinking of Ria and Colleen.....

He sounded even more congested this morning. Poor guy.

I would entertain home-remedy suggestions, as well as, over-the-counter (which I know NOTHING about).

Thanks.

Jo

We use Otrivin nose drops (adult) when it gets so bad we can't breathe. Or when dh has to go to work and he doesn't want to gross everyone out. Used to be able to get them over-the-counter, but last time we had to order them via the net. They'll dry him up for a good 8 hours or more. Strong. But a tiny bottle lasts us for years.

HTH