Menu

VP Bible Cards?

Aloha2U

For those of you who have used them, what did you think of them? Are they a good bible study tool for you and your dc? When did you start using them? What else do you use with them? I'm interested in using these for our bible studies in the future.

Please share your thoughts and experience with these.

Thank you!

This year we're using Judges through Kings Bible cards. We like them a lot and I feel that my kids are really learning some meaty stuff from the Old Testament. If you're looking for a more academically leaning Bible program, then this certainly qualifies. If you're wanting that's more devotional in nature, then you may want to rethink. We purchased the song that goes with the Bible cards and we begin our Bible time with the song most mornings. My boys enjoy the song!

I have the TM and I refer to it weekly for a hands on project that the kids can do. We don't do the worksheet questions.

Each day we listen to the song and then I read the informaiton on the back of the card aloud. I add other activities to the card and song each morning. We usually look up and read the info in our Bible or a Bible Storybook. We often pull our maps out. Each week I try to do some type of activity/project that is fun and hands-on. Sometimes we look at other sources, i.e. story books, encyclopedic info, videos, etc.

Hope that helps!

We used VP Bible for 2nd at home, and now I'm using it with a Sunday School class. It is very academic, and I really think the kids are learning more in my class than in most Sunday School classes. They are hearing more than those same Bible stories that they are used to hearing over and over again. I have learned a lot, too. We use the cards along with the memory song and enhanced CD. As the previous poster said, it is not devotional in nature.

with ds9 and 6 for the past two years, and agree with what others have said. It's substantive and academic in nature.

I don't tend to do the hands on projects; I read to them from 2 or 3 different children's Bibles each week, as well as The Victor Journey Through the Bible and whatever else I have on hand that is related to the card we are studying. I review the worksheets and test with them orally each week.

They also enjoy listening to the song.

From time to time I mix up the cards and challenge them to put them back in chronological order.

This summer I plan to pull out one card in random order each day and have them tell me everything they remember about the event listed on the card.

Although this program is more academic in nature, it has led to some amazing discussions about Biblical persons and events, as well as discussions about how these events apply in our own lives.

Thank you, ladies. This is exactly what I would like from it... being academic in nature.

This year we're using Judges through Kings Bible cards. We like them a lot and I feel that my kids are really learning some meaty stuff from the Old Testament.

I understand that Judges-Kings is geared toward a 3rd graders (your oldest ds). How well does your 1st grader follow along and learn? Did you use Genesis-Joshua last year when they were 2nd and K?

when my dc were 8 and 5. Ds 6 is following along with no difficulty whatsoever this year!

Since we do it orally, I alternate questions between my dc. If a one of the questions seems particularly difficult, I direct it to ds 9.

All of the answers to the questions are on the back of cards, so it's relatively easy for them to answer them.