Menu

using Critical Thinking Core Curriculum only??

Denainms

I am just wondering if this would really be a complete curriculum, I would be combining grades 2 and 3 , according to their website, this would be a complete core curriculum??? If you did this, would you add to it?? just thinking out loud here, love their materials, and think it would be awesome to use it as our curriculum, not sure it would be enough though? http://www.criticalthinking.com/parent/core_curriculum.html?code=p

I posted a while back, asking if anyone was using their math "core" program. I didn't get any responses.

Anyway. We have been using their math "core" (1st grade and half way through 2nd grade) and I was unsure how it lined up with other programs. DS loves the book and he is doing good with the subject. But I kept feeling that it was "missing something." :confused: I ended up buying two math workbooks to supplement the areas I was concerned with. (Learning add/sub facts, telling time, money.)

We have their LA "core" book, as well. (1st grade) We haven't used it much, as it felt like a lot of "busy work." :tongue_smilie: Lots of handwriting, which DS struggles with. I pulled it out the other day and plan to try it (again) next week.

I am still very curious how their math program lines up against other programs.