Menu

Some sort of shredded sandwich thing....

I need an idea for workplace sandwiches. I have to bring a work team lunch tomorrow, but I'm planning on overnight crockpot cooking them.

The only thing like this I've made in the past was a little fussy (red ginger pulled pork) and required tending throughout the day.

What can I throw in a crockpot the night before and slow cook without checking on.

I'm already making the buns- so I'm commited to some sort of sandwich/bun product.

Thanks.

Jo

I throw in a beef roast with onions & beef broth or a pork bum with a bottle or 2 of BBQ sauce. They do take a long time to cook, so I'll often cook on high for a few hours before I go to bed and then switch to low for 8 or so hours. Shred in the morning.

I've used chicken thighs and bottom round or chuck roast to make shredded meat sandwiches. The chicken goes in with a bottle of bbq sauce. The roast gets some sliced onions and a bottle of beer. I've also rubbed the meat with taco seasoning and added 8 - 12 ounces of water. Both are fall-apart tender in about 8 hours.

Man, now I'm hungry. :D

I make this using baby back ribs. Super easy and delicious. Overnight might be a little long though. I cook it on low and it's done in about 8 hours.

:iagree:I was just going to post this recipe. This is absolutely the best. I have made it a dozen times and it is always a hit. I use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce with it and cook it on exactly as specified in the recipe. You can't go wrong with this.

Edited by blessed2fosteradopt