Menu

Book Rec. for serious Austen fans!

Just in case you're looking for a good Austen "sequel," I'd like to recommend The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy, by Mary Street. It's basically a replay of P&P from Darcy's point of view. The characters aren't really modernized as in so many modern books set in that period, and it leaves a very nice impression as you finish it.

Just FYI!

Mama Anna

I'm not sure what you mean by alternates, but I've tried a few "sequels." (Of Austen works - I'm going through a "phase" right now, I think. :)) Mr. Darcy's Daughters by Elizabeth Aston was okay, but seemed to be the "at least one girl must elope and/or prove herself to be fully liberated in another way" type that is typical of modern writers. Emma & Knightly: Perfect Happines in Highbury by Rachel Billington was a bit slow but seemed to be more in the Austen style. The difficulty is that Frank Churchill's character is absolutely demonized by the end, poor fellow. But it might work for a long plane ride . . . :)

How about you?

Mama Anna