Menu

Gr. 2 LA

Guest 4boys

Guest 4boys

I am wanting to begin using Rod & Staff English and spelling once Bailey gets to Gr. 3. So my question is, what to do with him for Gr. 2? He will be doing ETC 5 and up as well as Handwriting without Tears. I have FLL 1&2 so we could do that. And I have purchased Writing with Ease workbook I. Is this too much? Is it overkill? If it is, what should I eliminate? Thanks for any help!

I don't think it is too much. FLL and WWE are designed to work together, and shouldn't take more than half an hour. If he's still doing phonics, ETC is a solid program and doesn't require a ton of time, either. Are you using HWT for cursive? You could briefly intro each letter, then let him write words from WWE as practice.

Are you going to do spelling, too? ETC may suffice for now. If you want something easy, add in SWO.

I don't time much of anything anymore, but I would probably say aim for an hour or so of language arts, split up--not all the writing at one time, and almost nothing 5 days a week (I'd do FLL and WWE 4 days each).

For LA, my next second grader will be doing WWE 1 with HWT 3/4 and BJU Reading 2 or Right Into Reading 3 (she likes them both). FLL 1/2 is great, but I found that WWE had enough grammar for my requirements. Along with math, I anticipate that her seat work will take between an hour and an hour and a half.