Menu

Do I choose God's Design For... or Christian Kids Explore ... ?

plain jane

Do you prefer the God's Design For ... series or the Christian Kids Explore .. series  

1. 1. Do you prefer the God's Design For ... series or the Christian Kids Explore .. series

• I prefer and use the God's Design series
    • I prefer and use the Christian Kids Explore series
    • I like and use both, depending on the topic being studied

After looking over the options recommended here for grade 3 chemistry I think I've narrowed my options down to two: God's Design for Chemistry Atoms & Molecules/Properties of Matter or Christian Kids Explore Chemistry.

I plan to supplement both with living books from the library so dd will get plenty of opportunity for narrations and putting together a notebook.

Which gets your vote?

Edited by plain jane

With multiple children in both logic and grammar stage, I've found CKE to be easier to accommodate to both levels. We cover 1 topic / lesson per week. My logic stage sons read 'How Nature Works' on the topic and write a composition, as per TWTM. CKE has a list of books and videos in the back that correlate with each unit. I check out many of these for the children to read or watch.

HTH!

After looking over the options recommended here for grade 3 chemistry I think I've narrowed my options down to two: God's Design for Chemistry Atoms & Molecules/Properties of Matter or Christian Kids Explore Chemistry.

I plan to supplement both with living books from the library so dd will get plenty of opportunity for narrations and putting together a notebook.

Which gets your vote?

Jane,

My first response would be GD books (because of the new color texts), but...the more I think about it we just wanted a texts with no supplements. I think CKE would be light by itself (based on my using GD and a fried using CKE and our conversations after that), but given CKE it has a book list provided broken down by lesson I think it would be easier to use with supplements.

Heather