Menu

Weaning question ...

Hi, ladies! I need your help/info.

My 13.5 month old son has been completely weaned for about a week now. He's fine and happy with a sippy cup of milk or water, so no problems there.

I slowly weaned him over about 2 months. For the last month he only nursed before his one nap (I know ... down to one already!) and before bed. For the last 1.5 weeks, it was only before bed and only on one side. So basically I only used one side once per day (each side used every 48 hours).

So, here I am a week later. It's "that time of the month," which I didn't miss AT ALL, BTW. I'm not engorged at all, but there is definitely some milk in there and I'm tender and sore. I do leak a drop or two here and there. It would feel good to nurse, you know what I mean?

So, here's my question:

Do I need to do anything (pump, etc.) or will I dry up eventually and stop being sore?

My dd self-weaned slowly at about 6 months, so this is new to me. If I just tough it out for a few more days, this soreness, leaking, etc., will eventually go away, right?

Thanks, all!

pumping will cause your body to think that you are still nursing and you will continue to produce milk. Don't do a thing, and you will dry up. Though, I had a time, over a year ago, where I woke up feeling engorged and I leaked a bit in the shower. The thing is I hadn't nursed for over a year and a half. It was weird, and I thought maybe I was pregnant, but it was just some weird, hormonal thing. It never happened again.

Once you have kids your body is forever changed.:tongue_smilie: