Menu

I've got chicken in the pressure cooker--what shall I make?

I've got a can of cr of mush soup that I accidentally opened the other night. I'd like to go ahead & use it, but it's not mandatory.

I've got celery & carrots in the fridge but would rather not make chicken soup. I've got maybe 1/2 an onion already chopped in the freezer.

I made chicken-rice-broccoli casserole last week. Family likes it well enough, but...I don't think there's broccoli to do it again. Maybe Mexican?

Help. It's a quarter till a NEEDED bedtime for dc, & *now* I feel like being creative in the kitchen. Somebody just stop me. :lol:

Bone the chicken and cut it into chunks. Reserve some broth/juice (strain off any fat first). Dice and cook your onion then add in the can of soup (do not add water), chicken then your celery and carrots (I like to pre-cook mine a bit first while the onions brown). Add some broth to SLIGHTLY thin (around 1/2 cup or so) The 'secret' ingredient is THYME. Sprinkle a bit into the mixture along with a touch of pepper. Toss in any other veggies you happen to have--or even diced boiled potatoes... cover with a pie crust (from store or homemade) or better yet crescent roll dough from a can! Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes--or until crust is nice and brown.

I like to add in some shredded cheese right before I top with the crust.

We also like BBQ chicken sandwiches made with shredded chicken mixed with a store-bought sauce. Serve on toast or on a bun.

You could do a chicken melt using a similar mixture to the pot pie filling. Simmer all ingredients for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste (or other spices you like)--dont' forget THYME (poultry seasoning with do great too). Serve over rice or toast. Top with a sprinkle of cheese if desired.

Bone the chicken and cut it into chunks. Reserve some broth/juice (strain off any fat first). Dice and cook your onion then add in the can of soup (do not add water), chicken then your celery and carrots (I like to pre-cook mine a bit first while the onions brown). Add some broth to SLIGHTLY thin (around 1/2 cup or so) The 'secret' ingredient is THYME. Sprinkle a bit into the mixture along with a touch of pepper. Toss in any other veggies you happen to have--or even diced boiled potatoes... cover with a pie crust (from store or homemade) or better yet crescent roll dough from a can! Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes--or until crust is nice and brown.

I like to add in some shredded cheese right before I top with the crust.

We also like BBQ chicken sandwiches made with shredded chicken mixed with a store-bought sauce. Serve on toast or on a bun.

You could do a chicken melt using a similar mixture to the pot pie filling. Simmer all ingredients for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste (or other spices you like)--dont' forget THYME (poultry seasoning with do great too). Serve over rice or toast. Top with a sprinkle of cheese if desired.

Whoa. I've never made pot pie that fancy! Thanks for all the great ideas!