Menu

Having One of *Those* Days

I've been sick for a week now. I am getting better, but I still don't feel 100%. I've had a sinus/upper respiratory infection and it's really kicking me in the hiney this time.

Anyway, we haven't been doing school like I wanted to, partly because I've been sick and partly because I just cannot get my act together, and partly because we had two guests for two weeks and I had to homeschool them too.

This morning, I sent the 5 yo and 7 yo to pick up the clothes in their room. I've done this before and it takes at least an hour. They don't always pick up the clothes in their room, but they stay occupied and that helps me out. I put the baby on the wool lamby without a diaper and watched her. I helped my 10 yo with math. All of a sudden, it was almost 11. I got the younger girls from upstairs and did FLL with one. During this time, I nursed the baby. Then, I did handwriting with both of them, and AAS with both of them. It doesn't take a lot of time, but it's the getting everything out and organized that seems to take the time. Meanwhile, I'm trying to make sure that the baby doesn't feel neglected.

My 13 yo also needs direction and periodically asks me what to do. I look at my list and tell her. I think it should take 20 minutes. It takes her an hour. While I work with the two younger middles, my 10 yo is wandering around. She says she has stuff to do, but isn't doing it.

All of a sudden, it's noon and we need to eat lunch.

I'm exhausted. I changed the baby's diaper and handed her to a girl. The eldest got me a bowl of soup. And now I'm here, trying to figure out what happened to our day and how I can get everything we need done before we have to leave for art.

Homeschooling with babies and toddlers can be insane. Somewhere, Susan Bauer has posted a "Day in the Life" of her days of homeschooling with little ones. When I had littler ones, it encouraged me so much to read about her day which looked an awful lot like mine at the time. :willy_nilly:

Small, consistent steps will get you there. Hope you are back to 100% (110%?) feeling better soon.

Cindy

Wow. What I noticed is you have one who will take the baby while the other brings you soup. Forget hs'ing, your job is done! :lol:

My mom was in town a couple of weeks ago helping us move when my bro called. I hear, "Yeah, she's sitting right here eating bon-bons," & I tell you what. I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair & spilled the bon-bons. ;)

:grouphug: Enjoy the soup. Enjoy the baby. Enjoy the child who brings you the soup. For all of these too soon shall pass.

And when mine wake up in the morning, you can remind me. :001_huh:

Thanks Cindy. I appreciate the encouragement. Today is a new day. LOL

And thank you, too, Aubrey. I need to remember that this is a season. I've done it before and I can do it again. And yes, I do have more help this time. :) The soup was good. Let me know if you need an extra hand one of these days and I'll send one of these big girls over to help.