Menu

List of Irregular French Verbs Needed

H.S. Burrow

Can anyone help me out with a list of irregular French verbs? I have googled "irregular French verbs list" and all of the downloadable list are for cell phones and palm thingys (?) for mobile use. All other cites are not meant to be downloaded and do not have a list of verbs.

I did find one site that listed 681 French verbs......but does not indicate which are irregular.

We are starting First Start French and the only complaint that I have about the program is that it does not consistantly differentiate between "regular" verbs and "irregular" verbs. The first verbs conjugated are in fact the irregular verbs avoir (lesson 2), etre and aller (lesson 4) but you are not told until lesson 28 (?!) that they are irregular verbs...that's a bit too late in my opinion.

I apologize - I can't get my computer to put ^ above the 'e' in etre.....sorry.

I know there are irregular verbs for all of the verb endings (ir, er, and re) but a list of "these verbs are irregular" would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Here is a comprehensive verb table with all the verbs shown in full - you will be able to see which are regular and which aren't:

French Verb Tables

I recommend you get a good book of verb tables such as 'Collins Easy French Verbs'.

This has a list of a few of the most important irregular verbs:

http://redianofpiet.googlepages.com/AGuidetoFrench.pdf

Here are some worksheets dealing with a few.

Here is a comprehensive verb table with all the verbs shown in full - you will be able to see which are regular and which aren't:

French Verb Tables

I recommend you get a good book of verb tables such as 'Collins Easy French Verbs'.

This has a list of a few of the most important irregular verbs:

http://redianofpiet.googlepages.com/AGuidetoFrench.pdf

Here are some worksheets dealing with a few.

Thank you!!!!:)