Menu

Kolbe Biology plans...

Has anyone used these? I'm looking for something to help me schedule a traditional textbook and I liked the "honors" option in the samples. How would they work for a Christian who isn't Catholic? The sample has a quote from the Pope denouncing stem cell research. That doesn't bother me. Is that as "Catholic" as it gets?

Thanks

Heather

I don't use Kolbe but I do use Seton. I think Kolbe does the same thing that Seton does. Kolbe uses a secular science text and Seton uses a Protestant text since there are no high school science Catholic texts at the moment. Every so often in the Seton science lesson plans, they will insert an essay on the church teachings about a particular topic. I believe Kolbe does the same thing. So when you come across one of the Catholic teachings you can easily skip over it. Or you could just read over the Catholic teachings and compare it to your own Christian beliefs and than have a lively debate with your child to see if he agrees or disagrees with the Catholic teachings.

Blessings

Zoraida