Menu

Oral report on Amos Fortune...

LNC

My 11yos (public school special needs classroom) needs to bring in a decorated cereal box about a figure from black history or women's history. He needs to decorated the box and present a short oral report on the person.

This will be really difficult for him bc his language is limited! I was thinking about Amos Fortune, bc I read it aloud last month. We all loved the book. He was a real person! I could easily help him think of a few key points. Do you think that would be ok? My son is African-American so I want to focus on that. I'm thinking a lot of kids would choose Harriet Tubman or MLK. This would be different. Good idea or not?

My 11yos (public school special needs classroom) needs to bring in a decorated cereal box about a figure from black history or women's history. He needs to decorated the box and present a short oral report on the person.

This will be really difficult for him bc his language is limited! I was thinking about Amos Fortune, bc I read it aloud last month. We all loved the book. He was a real person! I could easily help him think of a few key points. Do you think that would be ok? My son is African-American so I want to focus on that. I'm thinking a lot of kids would choose Harriet Tubman or MLK. This would be different. Good idea or not?

Great idea. That would be unique and unusual. I love unique and unusual.

My 11yos (public school special needs classroom)

This will be really difficult for him bc his language is limited! I was thinking about Amos Fortune, bc I read it aloud last month. We all loved the book. He was a real person! I could easily help him think of a few key points. Do you think that would be ok?

Since he's probably got an IEP or whatever is similar there, why not record it for him? Or do a power point? (Depending on his reading level and if he feels comfortable.) I was thinking if you recorded it, it could kinda be like the card that you open and it talks... Except...he pushes a button and it "talks" about Amos Fortune? So he doesn't have all the pressure that he might have trying to give the speech live? Anyway...just my first thought!

Sounds like you have a great idea!

Carrie:-)