Menu

Bible Study Guide for All Ages or something else?

Jules

I am looking at the Bible Study Guide for all ages to possibly use this next coming year. I am unclear on how this is set up and what you actually need. I would have a high school student and a 9 and 7 year old. Can someone help me?

Or....if you have other suggestions for Bible to use, chime in, too.

Thanks.

At the very minimum you'd need the TG and a Bible. If you want to use the student activity sheets, you'd buy them for the younger 2 - I don't think they have any for your oldest child. (I've never used it with a child that old, so I'm not entirely sure just what all you'd do besides discuss and such.) We also have the maps and timeline, and while we really like them, they are totally optional.

I am looking at the Bible Study Guide for all ages to possibly use this next coming year. I am unclear on how this is set up and what you actually need. I would have a high school student and a 9 and 7 year old. Can someone help me?

Or....if you have other suggestions for Bible to use, chime in, too.

Thanks.

All you would need for High School students is the main guide. They don't have activity sheets for older students, and you don't really needed it because the guide has comprehension qustions.

For your 9yo and 7yo decide if you want activity sheets and if you do then take a look at the options and see which fit their learning level. The main guide does come with a daily lesson page that demonstrates with their little stick people the outline of the lesson. My 9yo loves to color these, and we passed on the activity guide because she doesn't like to write. We do all the comprehension questions orally.

If you wanted to do the mapping, everything you need is in the guide, but if you want to do the timeline you would need the timeline and the figures.

There are other additional pieces you can use, like the songs, but we haven't. They also have reproducible in the main guide which they sell in full color if you prefer that, but again we just make copies of the stuff in the guide.

Lamp and Quill is also similar in its set up, but with more bells and whistles (craft projects, coloring pictures, ect...), though it is 6 years and I think it goes straight through the Bible instead of breaking things up. BSGFAA will cover Moses, then jump to the life of Jesus for a while, then back to the Exodus, then back to the NT. I didn't like the idea of that at first, but now I appreciate how it breaks things up.

Heather