Menu

Recipe: Easy & Cheap Tuna Hot Dish

It doesn't get any easier than this. I've listed the original recipe as my mom taught it to me. In our house, however, I prefer to use cream of celery as I despise canned mushrooms.

Tuna Noodle Hot Dish

1 32 oz. bag egg noodles

2 cans tuna, drained fairly well

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

2 cans of peas, undrained

Boil off noodles in a good sized pot according to directions. While noodles are boiling, open your canned stuff. Drain noodles in a strainer in your sink.

While noodles are draining, dump all of your canned items into the pot and mix thoroughly. Add noodles back in and heat through. Serve.

Yield: 1 very full family and a decent amount of leftovers depending on how big your family is and how much they like for a serving size.

Enjoy! This is definitely a meal that could go either feast or famine depending on what you've got to go with it.

I just smiled when I saw this...hot dish...reminds me of my husband from Minnesota. We always went back and forth when we just got married...Him saying hot dish...me saying casserole.

Carrie:-)

I'm originally from Minnesota! :lol:

As for the tuna forming globs, I've never had that happen. I mix the soup, peas, and tuna really well before adding the noodles back. On another note, you could always mix everything in a bowl and then add it to the pan with the noodles after you drain it. That way you know you've got it mixed beyond all recognition.