Menu

Quiver - BJU sciences

We had planned to use the science with homesat, but then decided against it when BJU announced they were ending homesat at the end of the year. I am waiting to hear what they are going to offer by way of online/video school before deciding for fall.

Edited by Quiver0f10

We haven't used the Chemistry yet, but ds did use the Physical Science taught by Mr. Harmon who also teaches the Chemistry. He loved Mr. Harmon.

However, we are not "science-minded" and we are really struggling with the workload and homework. I do like Mr Harmon for the most part ,but I don't like all the BJ LINC call-ins (all taped in 2003) that much.

We really are not enjoying the class but I don't think that is BJU's fault - it is just the deep subject matter of chemistry. We stress vocab because I think it helps my "language-arts minded" dtrs grasp chemistry and we have done over 1 chapter due to failing (ch 8 - January) the chapter. We have come close 2 other times. So some of thes things are time consuming. There is a lab every other week approx and we are doing all of those.

Lisaj

Lisaj,

This is important information to me. Thanks. Just to be clear, the DVDs BJU sends are recordings of the homesat? Somehow I thought, mistakenly I guess, that the DVDs were made specifically for the DVD audience and thus wouldn't have "callers".

I don't exactly understand but it was a class system that BJU gave students some kind of phone (attaached to their computer/satellite receiver???) that allows students to call in with questions . Sometimes the questions are helpful but sometimes there is delay or techincial difficulties that cause annoying delays and dead air timmes?

Also - I think all the BJU DVDs are just tapes of the HomeSat classes and no different from HomeSat except there is no taping to do of the broadcasts.

HTH

Lisaj