Menu

What's the attraction to and interest in the Duggars? I don't get it.

out of curiosity about how they manage such a large family. If I were sitting at the doctor's office with no knitting, that would entertain me on some level.

I can't see watching a reality show. I wouldn't probably sustain more than half an hour interest in reading about them, and would not enjoy sitting for an hour a week (I'm assuming that's the schedule) to check in with them. I have no real bone to pick with them (except for the 18 J names, which just bugs me unreasonably).

what's your attraction to these people?:001_huh:

Nosiness. 'least I'm honest! :D

Nah but seriously. People are often curious about things that are different - walking through the mall with our son demonstrates this fairly often. ;) ....And honestly, I don't see anything wrong with (polite) nosiness....it's pretty natural to be curious when something is outside-of-the-norm --- or at least outside of what *we* experience as our norm... (okay this is making me laugh because my cousin lives with us and his name is Norm. I think I need a new set of words. Or more coffee. :biggrinjester: ) ....

There's also a part of me that is secretly drawn to them because they have something I want. Hmm, guess it ain't so much a secret anymore. :tongue_smilie: ....hard to explain though - but I don't mean superficial items like the big house.