Menu

Looking for Overseas Military Homeschoolers using DoD Education Allowance

If you are military stationed overseas in an area with no DoD school (example, embassy duty or exchange tours), there is a system that provides an education allowance that can be applied toward local or international schools. There is also an allowance for homeschoolers under this program.

We used this homeschool allowance a few years ago while we lived in Berlin, Germany. If anyone is currently using this allowance, I have a couple questions I'd like to ask offline.

Please PM me. Thanks.

I shouldn't have posted this, then gone offline to move into our new quarters.

Anyone have a current enrollment (or recent, say within the last 12 months) in this program?

I just wanted to give you a big ol' Shaka Brudah for old times sake.

I wish you were still here- whether or not either of us ever had time to meet up.;)

I hope you are enjoying Japan. I need to PM you for details.....

Jo

I just wanted to give you a big ol' Shaka Brudah for old times sake.

I wish you were still here- whether or not either of us ever had time to meet up.;)

I hope you are enjoying Japan. I need to PM you for details.....

Jo

Yeah, I miss my Hawaii buddies too. I was over in medical doing checkins and noticed a lady who was wearing a plumeria pick in her hair. I kept looking over at her because she just looked so homelike. I ended up chatting with her and admiring her baby for a few minutes. We never even exchanged names but a couple days later, she saw us out walking and waved. Guess I got more used to Hawaii than I was ready to admit when we were there.