Menu

Memoria Press Study Guides

Pam Wilhelm

We are working through both D'Aulaire's Greek Myths and Famous Men of Rome to go with our Latin. We read one lesson a week and then work through the guide together. I have the boys write out the answers as practice for writing answers with complete sentences. I think it is good practice for writing future essays. We usually only choose one or two of the additional activities to answer or discuss. D'Aulaire's is the only literature we are discussing in depth right now so we have the time to spend on it. The rest of the reading that we are doing with HO is just casually talked about check on comprehension. We don't do any writing linked to our other reading. The boys are enjoying these.

That's what I was doing with the girls..... with Greek Myths.... but gosh!! You would have thought that I was asking them to do the impossible. I think when we start next years school (Sept. 1st) I will ask more of them....... they've pulled the wool over my eyes long enough (of course, I'll wait until Sept. before turning into the uber meanie :p ).