Menu

Motivated Moms 01/11 - 01/17

I didn't see a new thread, so I thought I'd throw one up here.

How's everyone doing? What does your week look like?

My house is looking pretty stable... everything's getting done, if out of order. I'm developing a decent routine of tackling most items in the morning, planning (the operative here, not "procrastinating") some for later in the day, looking ahead at the week and picking things off when I have time on less busy days.

Today is the only day I will be home this week. :eek: So I'm planning to pick off most of the "high-ticket" items, or highlight some for my husband (who has been very good about also checking the list) to tackle when I'm out. I also need to do major laundry.

If anyone sees me back here before this afternoon, poke me with a really sharp stick!

I've been doing MM for about two weeks and really like the routine but suddenly realized last night that I hadn't mopped the floors in my bathrooms for the whole two weeks (merrily following my schedule) and realized that there isn't a time slot for that!?! Anyway, I'm adding it unto the day I clean the toilets and that will be fine but I was laughing at myself for missing such an obvious thing just because it wasn't specifically on my list (or maybe it is and I missed it!).

Anyway - my house is looking much more presentable since I started using this calendar.

suddenly realized last night that I hadn't mopped the floors in my bathrooms for the whole two weeks (merrily following my schedule) and realized that there isn't a time slot for that!?!

Next Tuesday. :001_smile: Thursday is mopping kitchen.

(Don't poke me. I'm going.)

Things are going well here. I have been dividing the chores between me and the boys (this is especially helpful when I'm working). Things got a little cluttered last week since I was either working or at the hospital with my dad, but now that he's in a rehab hospital (ie, now that he's in a rehab hospital that my mom can drive to alone without me, lol) I've got more time at home and will be back on track.

Ria

How's he doing with rehab, Ria? I imagine spinal surgery is much more difficult to rehab from than, say, a delightful knee replacement, where they're trying to get you to walk around while you're still groggy.

So far today, I've picked off a bunch of things for the week:

- Bathrooms: toilets, tub, mirrors

- Kitchen: drawer, microwave, dishwasher door (I seem to do this nearly every day)

- Living room / Foyer: glass cleaned, tidied, will be vacuumed when the kids come down from quiet time

I also started the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day dough (basic recipe from The Splendid Table recipe files - I was listening to the podcast with the authors last week) because my week is such that every day is chopped up in a way that is not conducive to bread baking. Hopefully, I'll be able to just bake it off in the afternoon / evening, as needed.

I'm on my third load of laundry (yeah!) and have another to go before bed time.

I still have to go to the store for dog & cat food, and a couple of produce items for tomorrow's supper, but my meals are planned and I have a list, so we should be good.