Menu

Question re: dry infant cereal with fruit

Last night, I read in an on-line article that dry infant cereal w/ fruit (such as "Gerber's whole grain oatmeal with bananas") is nutritionally inferior to the plain whole-grain oatmeal/rice WITHOUT the bananas (or other fruit). Something to do w/ multiple ingredients vs. a single ingredient. Have any of you ever heard this??

I've been using the bananas variety b/c dd likes it better, but I don't want to feed her something that's nutritionally inadequate...

Thanks!

is nutritionally inferior to the plain whole-grain oatmeal/rice WITHOUT the bananas (or other fruit). Something to do w/ multiple ingredients vs. a single ingredient. Have any of you ever heard this??

I've been using the bananas variety b/c dd likes it better, but I don't want to feed her something that's nutritionally inadequate...

Offering another perspective........

Don't *do* baby food or cereal at all. A baby ready for solids can eat pieces of real "grown up" food from your own menus.