Menu

Question about blood in urine/UTIs

Has anyone experienced lots of visible blood in their urine?

I did last night for the first time. Nurse says I have an infection, but I've never seen anything like this before. Had a cystiscope in Dec. that shows I have hemorraghic trygonitis (little blood vessels in a part of the bladder that can burst). At the time I was only having microscopic blood in my urine. But now its changed and I was wondering:

(a) Has anyone experienced this diagnosis?

(b) Has anyone had lots of blood in urine with a UTI?

I have benign hematuria, which just means I always have blood in my urine, just not visible to the eye. But every time I have a UTI, I can see lots of blood in my urine. Of course, by the time I see the blood, I already know I have an infection.

:grouphug:

ETA: Are you having other symptoms of an UTI?

Frankly, I don't know all the symptoms of a UTI, because I've only had a couple in my life. I feel great pressure to urinate, but can't fully--very uncomfortable. Discomfort in urinating--had some burning but now it's mostly terribly tender. But all of these symptoms are also symptoms of the trygonitis I've had--only they are much more pronounced now.

I'm also having occasional aching in my back, but when I drink cranberry juice, it seems to go away.

Another problem I've had in addition to the trygonitis is a bladder that won't empty completely. So I guess I was an infection waiting to happen.

Frankly, I don't know all the symptoms of a UTI, because I've only had a couple in my life. I feel great pressure to urinate, but can't fully--very uncomfortable. Discomfort in urinating--had some burning but now it's mostly terribly tender. But all of these symptoms are also symptoms of the trygonitis I've had--only they are much more pronounced now.

I'm also having occasional aching in my back, but when I drink cranberry juice, it seems to go away.

Another problem I've had in addition to the trygonitis is a bladder that won't empty completely. So I guess I was an infection waiting to happen.

Yes, it sounds like you do have a UTI. I'm sorry. I think a UTI one of the most painful experiences in the world, rivaled only by a migraine. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: