Menu

Lively Latin users: best option to purchase?

Dawn E

I am planning to purchase this for next year and am at a loss regarding which way to purchase: download, cd or printed book. I definitely don't like the cost of the book form, but don't know if the printing and cost of doing so would cancel out the savings.

We would be starting out with Book 1. Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

Thanks so much...

Dawn

Originally I ordered the hard copy, but it just wouldn't show up, so I contacted LL and opted for the download version, and I'm thrilled with it. I print out each lesson - (15-30 pages roughly) every 2 weeks or so. I only have a b&W printer at home so have been sticking to b&W except for some of the history pages with prints of paintings. In retrospect, I'm glad I did it this way. Also, if you aren't doing all the history, you don't have to lug those pages around, and same with the teacher's pages for each section - I just look at those on the computer to check our work. It's so nice not having too much paperwork.

Hey, I have a LL question, too.

Cna I use this with an 11 year old next year? She will be in 6th grade. We've done just Minimus this year, and I quite frankly don't want anything too rigorous at this point. I have zero Latin background myself, so I want "gentle". I figured we'd do LL next year, then move to Galore Press or soemthing more rigorous in 7th+ grade.

Anyone using it with an older student?

Originally I ordered the hard copy, but it just wouldn't show up, so I contacted LL and opted for the download version, and I'm thrilled with it.

Shasta Mom, thanks so much for the great help. I'm curious about your first statement. Was there a problem with shipping or with the cds?

Was there a problem with shipping or with the cds?

Well, our order didn't get placed until the beginning of September, when she was really busy. We checked into our order status about a month after ordering, and she was a bit overwhelmed and admitted that she hadn't worked on it yet, so that's when I just asked for the password so I could get started. In retrospect, it's worked out better for us. I should add, too, that my ds prefers everything printed in color, he just informed me..........:)

Hey, I have a LL question, too.

Cna I use this with an 11 year old next year? She will be in 6th grade. We've done just Minimus this year, and I quite frankly don't want anything too rigorous at this point. I have zero Latin background myself, so I want "gentle". I figured we'd do LL next year, then move to Galore Press or soemthing more rigorous in 7th+ grade.

Anyone using it with an older student?

Well I am using it with my oldest. We haven't even finished lesson 1 and she will be turning 11 in less than a month. :D

I just like the way things are explained. It made sense to me when I looked at the samples. So far my dd has been able to do the majority of it on her own, but we are only on the first chapter, so only time will tell if that continues.

Heather

I bought the online download version and it's worked great. I print out the teacher stuff and answer pages ahead of time, then just print out the student ones as needed. We pull up the pronunciation on my computer as well as the games. We are very happy with the program.