Menu

Biology Lab only kit?

The kit from The Home Scientist meets most of your requirements, but the kit does not include everything (mostly common household materials like alcohol and a few other things like water weed or materials from a local pond to make little aquatic environments; if you get the bacteria culture, you need a pressure cooker). Also, many of the labs take quite a lot of time. The lab manual is a free download, or you can buy a hard copy of the text.

We are doing the chemistry labs now, and I was able to get just the chemicals for that because we already had all of the equipment from the bio set. I can't say that either my kids or I love it, but it does do the job of meeting the lab requirement.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, Florimell said:

The kit from The Home Scientist meets most of your requirements, but the kit does not include everything (mostly common household materials like alcohol and a few other things like water weed or materials from a local pond to make little aquatic environments; if you get the bacteria culture, you need a pressure cooker). Also, many of the labs take quite a lot of time. The lab manual is a free download, or you can buy a hard copy of the text.

We are doing the chemistry labs now, and I was able to get just the chemicals for that because we already had all of the equipment from the bio set. I can't say that either my kids or I love it, but it does do the job of meeting the lab requirement.

Their stuff looks really good, I wish they had a physics book.

Edited by OakParkOwlets
  • Like 1