Menu

Cottage Press Bards & Poets I

Considering this as a change from IEW for my 7th grader. Lit selections look good. How time consuming is this? We had some experience with CP as I did Fable & Song with dd about 6 yrs ago, but Bards & Poets looks fairly different.

I thought it might be good to have a break from IEW for a bit. I like that CP B&P seems to incorporate lit analysis.

Is Level 1 considered a full yr or is I & II a year?

ETA: his other curriculum, Saxon 8/7, Sonlight American yr 2, level E, Sonlight science F health & anatomy, Spelling workout, Spanish lessons, music lessons. CP would replace IEW writing and FixIt grammar. Oh and still working through Keep Going With Latin.

Edited by Dianthus

I guess I'm really feeling we need a change for language arts, just something new to see and motivate. Canned forums and saw MCT. I forgot all about MCT. I did Island in the summers with my older kids when they were about 3rd grade. I wonder if Voyage would be a good match for this 7th grader?

Also rethinking Lang Arts for my 4th grader. He has been in FLL and WWE.  I purchased IEW ATF&F but hadn't figured out grammar. I am searching my homeschool cabinet for MCT Island, which, of course, I can't find. Also was just thinking of CP F&S for him. I feel like they just need something new in their hands to keep their interest. I have less and less time on my hands though. Maybe CP Bards is too parent involved.

I really like the looks of CP stuff I thought about using it with a child this year....I think I looked at Bards and poets....

The author is super responsive and helpful. Maybe email her? I think bards and poets 1 is a full year.

Good luck;)