Menu

Cle History 7 and Notgrass/Sonlight

Long time lurker here.  My daughter is going into 6th grade, and loves CLE.  She loves the "get it done" workbook style.  I am convinced though, that she loves it because it's short and efficient and doesn't require her do much beyond read it, do the workbook,  and nothing else.   We are going into Cle History 7, a one year tour of world history,  and I'm worried it's a tad dry.  I'd like to flesh it out, but don't want to create my own plan.  Has anyone done Cle and added Notgrass From Adam to US as additional reading, or Sonlight novels, as additional reading?  We are slowing down Cle Language Arts to do over 1.5 years, so her schedule is a bit more open.  I don't want to overload her, but I want her to broaden her horizons instead of just doing the "easy, get it done, workbook" style.

We have been doing Sonlight books from the beginning, and I highly recommend them! They have put together a great reading list for different time periods. I would just get the ones that correspond to what you’re doing (they have a one year world history, too, I believe), and read aloud! You can give her some to do on her own, too. But I wouldn’t make it a lot of extra work…just something fun to make it come alive. 

• Like 1