Menu

Commercial Chess Options: No Stress Chess vs Story Time Chess

Gil

Does anyone have any experience or opinion on No Stress Chess vs Story Time Chess     for the 2-5 year old crowd?

I could teach Chess with just my normal chess set, but I'm considering one of these as a jumping off point.  I dislike that Story Time Chess is more expensive at each level, but you can buy the expansions and it includes more advanced instruction. If I purchase the full kit, then Story Time Chess is essentially a full Chess curriculum. I like that it's 100% offline and pre-planned for me.

I was thinking of No Stress Chess then using Level 2 and Level 3 of Story Time Chess, but I'm not sure that I can use the Story Time Chess expansions without the first level though.

Ok, I've decided against No Stress Chess. The reason being it delays having students just learn how the pieces move. The cards, I think, will be a crutch and they don't actually lead to anything.

I'm not sold on whether I'll use Story Time Chess--as I don't like the idea of spending a small fortune on Chess.

• 4 weeks later...