Menu

what's going on with TOG?

pjssully

I have heard through that TOG is not doing well and sure enough, iwent to their site and Year 2 and 3 are not available to buy. I was planning on using this for high school for my children--though that is still a few years away, i am wondering if i should buy now what i can in case they go out of business. Have they stopped selling the year 2 and 3?

thanks

pam

Ummm... not sure what happened when you went on, but they ARE indeed available to buy. Perhaps you experienced a server glitch or logged on at a time they were switching around the pages of the main website? Yr 2 and 3 are pre-order right now, and they've just released the Digital Edition.

If you go on the TOG website and click on the Lampstand Press Link at the top left corner, you can read their newsletter that appears at the bottom of their page. The newsletter explains basically everything that has been going on.

Basically, the economy really affected their business and so they had to make two new choices. The first is that they will only make printed copies of Year 2 and Year 3, when they reach 450 pre-orders of each. They will then send them to print. Their is a thermometer on their site that monitors the progress.

The other new option is that you can buy the new DE version, which is an all digital option, that you print as needed at home, take to print somewhere, or utilize a print option that TOG will send it out to.

TOG is still working on Year 4. Hope this helps some. But there are also a ton of posts on the Together Community link on the top of their homepage as well.