Menu

Learn Math Fast for an ADHD 9 y/o 4th grader?

lelebelle

We've been using Saxon since my 6 y/o started school, but he just finished Saxon 3 and I'm concerned that he may not be able to "hang" with the later Saxon books, what with all the format changes and lesson lengths. I use Nicole the Math Lady for my older kids, and we already do half of the mixed review problems, and I still don't think it's a good fit for my ADHD-er. He gets math concepts fairly easily, so I've been looking into books that will let him set the pace and won't bore him with too much repetition. However, I've never used Learn Math Fast, so I'm starting from scratch here. Any advice is deeply appreciated!

I wouldn't.  I think it's a great program for an older child who needs to shore up skills.  I think it's a terrible program for a younger child who needs to develop the writing skills and is still growing at uneven rates.

Have you considered something like MEP or Singapore?  Something that lets him use the concepts different ways?