Menu

Muslim Posters (Arabic for 12yr, Seerah book recommendations)

Assalamualaikum,

Hope you all are doing well. My elder DS can read Quran in Arabic and knows his tajweed rules. I was looking at arabichomeschool, does anyone have any experience with this? Goal for us will be for him to understand what he is reading in Quran. We're not in rush, just want to start the process and totally fine if it takes him more than couple of years. Another option I looked at was Studioarabiya but that seems costly for us. 

Another help I need is on a good Seerah book for DS. Somehow it seems harder for me to find a good book for this age range.

Below is what I've Owned/Sampled Online.

Seerah Books: 

1. Simple Seerah Series : This seems perfect for my DS 10, might be too simple of DS12.
  2. When the Moon Split : I own this book but it doesn't seem very engaging. 
  3. Sealed Nectar : I own this one too but DS isn't ready for this yet.
  4. Golden Seerah for Young generation: This looks like a good fit but writing doesn't seem engaging.
  5. Muhammad and his character by Adil Salahi : I've listened to sample audio for this one and this does sound like a good fit.
  6. Even the clouds spread shade for him : Sample looks detailed and engaging

Some Other books we own:

Imam Al Ghazali Children series : Everytime we open this book we spend more time discussing and less time reading it.

Companions of the prophet by Abdul Wahid Hamid : Small stories about companions of the prophet, its story like very engaging.

Clear Quran for kids by Mustapha Khattab : We read individual surahs from this and like it.

Surah Kahf lego pics book: My DS10 picks this one a lot and reads by himself.

Jazakallahkhair!!

Edited by Homeschooler_CH
Post wasn't complete yet.

14 hours ago, Homeschooler_CH said:

Seerah Books: 

1. Simple Seerah Series : This seems perfect for my DS 10, might be too simple of DS12.
  2. When the Moon Split : I own this book but it doesn't seem very engaging. 
  3. Sealed Nectar : I own this one too but DS isn't ready for this yet.
  4. Golden Seerah for Young generation: This looks like a good fit but writing doesn't seem engaging.
  5. Muhammad and his character by Adil Salahi : I've listened to sample audio for this one and this does sound like a good fit.
  6. Even the clouds spread shade for him : Sample looks detailed and engaging

I'm assuming this and this are too advanced? Maybe look at this book or this one. You can get used copies cheap using bookfinder.com

Edited by Malam

• 5 months later...