Menu

Building Writers from Learning Without Tears

alysee

Has anyone used this? It looks exactly what I'm looking for next year. My 5yo who is still in preschool officially seems quite eager to write stories and I'm usually spending my days as scribe but I would like something for her to do while I'm occupied with my older 4. 

I have it. My current 6 year old doesn't like to write enough to do this happily. So it depends on how willing she is to physically write. 

Something I got my storytelling 4 year old is stacks of post-it notes (there are a lot of sizes to choose from). I give her a stack of 3x3 and ask her to draw pictures or whatever but I phrase it as "make up a story". Then I go back and scribe the post it notes (about 1 sentence per note) on loose leaf paper or another post-it note attached to the first. After I ask her to sequence the story in a (homemade) book or a poster/big paper form. This makes it so there is time when she is working on her stories independently.  

• Like 1